Shadowís owners panicked when they noticed she had lost control of her back legs. Soon, their loving 10-month-old puppy was vomiting and experiencing severe tremors. It was then that they noticed a bag of snail bait torn open in their yard. Shadow was rushed to the hospital, where she spent two nights recovering from the toxic amount of snail bait she had ingested. Shadowís owners, who live on a very limited income raising two small children, would not have been able to afford Shadowís life-saving care without the financial assistance provided by FACE.

To learn more about the danger of Snail Bait, check out our Vet’s Corner.