Ivy was adopted 9 years ago by her “mom,” a self-employed woman living in La Mesa. Last week, Ivy suddenly got very sick. She was vomiting, wouldn’t eat or drink water, and was extremely lethargic. After taking her to the veterinarian, it was determined that Ivy had a foreign body obstruction – she swallowed an object that needed to be surgically removed. The urgent costs were not something Ivy’s mom could fully afford and it needed to be done ASAP, so she reached out to FACE. With help from our donors and supporters, we were able to quickly approve her application and get Ivy the surgery she needed to pull through. As it turns out, she swallowed a peach pit! Her owner had no idea, as Ivy doesn’t usually get into things, but she is so grateful FACE was there at her time in need.