Meet “Gracie!” Gracie is a sweet two-year-old feline who lives a simple life with her “mom.” This summer, Gracie accidentally swallowed some type of rubber which got stuck in her intestines. She wasn’t able to eat, and was extremely sick. Gracie’s veterinarian, South Bay Veterinary Hospital, determined she needed an emergency surgery for a foreign body obstruction right away to remove the rubber and save her life. Her “mom” is active duty Navy, and the cost of the surgery just wasn’t doable for her at the time of the emergency. She was referred to FACE, who thankfully was able to approve her application for assistance and help get Gracie the surgery she needed. Special thanks to Save-A-Life Partner South Bay Veterinary Hospital for helping to save Gracie!