Meet Bella! This 6 month old adorable pit-mix got herself into trouble after she ate a small stuffed toy. Her loving ‘parents’ knew something was wrong when she stopped acting like the fun-loving pup she normally was, and grew very sick and lethargic. After taking her to the vet, they were devastated to find out that Bella had a foreign body obstruction and needed emergency surgery ASAP to survive. After a recent job change, this family of five was financially strapped and could not afford the full cost of the surgery that Bella needed. Thankfully, Bella’s vet referred her family to FACE, who was able to fund for Bella’s life-saving treatment.
For more information on this common dog emergency, visit: http://www.petmd.com/dog/emergency/common-emergencies/e_dg_swallowed_objects